The Haida Gwaii Society for Community Peace (HGSCP) is a contracted Respite Service provider for Community Living BC Services for adults with developmental disabilities. We offer supportive, personalized in-home and community services for eligible individuals by recruiting respite providers in our community. CLBC may approve a certain amount of hours or days for eligible individuals.
HGSCP as the service provider agency funded by CLBC will coordinate respite support for you. We will handle recruiting, screening, monitoring and paying your respite support provider.
- Respite support gives families and caregivers time to rest and recharge.
- It also gives your family member who is supported by CLBC some time to connect to community.
- You and your family member play an important role in deciding how you get respite support.
- Respite support provides time when your family member’s needs will be met, allowing you to use that time for yourself as you choose. A respite provider will stay with your family member who is eligible for CLBC support for a few hours or overnight. During this time, your family member has a chance to participate in social or recreational activities they are interested in and can develop skills and social connections.
- Respite support is flexible and you can use this support in a way that best suits your needs. Respite support can take place in your home, at the home of a respite provider or in your local community.
Contact our Community Living Contracts Manager for more details: 250-626-7977
If your family member is eligible for CLBC supports, a CLBC facilitator can talk with you about respite support.
To talk with a CLBC facilitator about support you or a family member may be eligible for, please contact your local CLBC office at:
4741 Park Avenue, Terrace, BC, Canada