Tlaa Juuhldaa Naay
“A Place of Change”
We are a safe and confidential home, run by women and for women. Our beautiful alcohol and drug-free house give you the opportunity to be safe, be heard, understood, and respected.
- Offers safe, temporary emergency shelter for women and children. Our caring, qualified staff are here to support you during upheaval and crisis.
- Is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Has six bedrooms that can accommodate 3 to 4 persons per room. The kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared spaces.
- Provides an indoor playroom for children, as well as an outdoor playground and comfortable patio.
- Supplies all meals, basic toiletries and emergency clothing.
Reasons to stay in the Transition House:
- Women who enter into the Stopping the Violence program are fleeing an abusive relationship.
- Women may explore their legal rights, seek help to find safe housing and create a safety plan for the future. If requested, staff are happy to refer clients to a Stopping the Violence counsellor, and their children to a PEACE Child & Youth Program.
- Women who participate in Supportive Recovery are seeking to change the relationship they have with drugs and alcohol and may stay before or after residential treatment programs.
Transition House staff can also help women with the following:
- Emergency transportation to our Transition House
- 24 hr toll-free Help Line 1-877-626-4677
- Referrals to specific services (internal and external)
- Community resources
- Drop-in service for women needing to talk and explore options to create a safer healthier lifestyle for themselves and their children
- Housing support and resources