What is Violence?
- Any act of imposing one’s will upon another physically and/or emotionally is an act of violence
- Being physically hit, slapped, shoved or hurt in ANY way
- Being mentally controlled, yelled at or belittled
- Being denied access to money
- Being ignored and not heard
- Being forced to have sex
- Being touched in any unwanted way
- Being denied the right to leave your home, use your phone, work outside of the house or see friends
- Violence is never acceptable.
Know that there is help.